Thursday, August 4, 2011

July 25, 2011

Hey family,

I haven't really told you what day-to-day life is like so I'll write that. We get up around 6:20 each morning. Breakfast is always at 7 am. Then we have class from 7:30-10:30 or gym or a service assignment. We have lunch at 11:30. And then class from 12:15-3:15 or personal study time or companion study time. We eat dinner at 4:30 (early!) and then have class from 5:15-8:15 or district meetings and personal study time. We get back to our rooms at 9:30 and lights out is 10:30. Sundays are fun because we have a fireside and get to watch movies. Yesterday I watched "Legacy" for the first time and I love it! I got emotional like three times - embarrassing! But it really hit home that these people, my ancestors went through so much for the gospel. They were just innocent people, trying to do what they thought was right and they were persecuted and killed and basically went through hell. I am so glad that wasn't my trial! It made me really want to learn more about my family history and what they went through, crossing the plains etc. Love it.

I am sad to leave the MTC, it's been such a great experience. I have seriously learned SO much about the gospel and Jesus Christ and the atonement. My testimony has grown immeasurably. Randomly I will just be so overwhelmed with happiness and excitement and I know that is the spirit helping me. I was so nervous I would be sad and depressed but it's a rare occasion that I feel down. I have such a new appreciation for the Book of Mormon and am finding it easier to read and understand and apply to my life. I love it!

I am going to miss my district so much! Most of them are going to St. Louis. I have become really good friends with one of them, Elder Shivers. ha, we got in trouble because we are too good of friends (don't freak out, he recently baptized his girlfriend and is going to be an awesome missionary, it was not inappropriate in any way, we are just too "friendly" - whatever that means). We are just drawn to each other because we are both super energetic and like to laugh. I am really going to miss him. I'll miss my district leader too because he is soo full of energy and radiates a love of the gospel. He seriously can give a lecture for like 30 minutes on one comment and it's always very powerful. If I can gain so much in just two weeks, I can't even imagine what I'll be like in 18 months. I am nervous to get out there and be working with real live people but I also feel I am ready. I am planning on having an awkward first transfer (learning, making dumb comments, not being able to answer questions) but I want to work really hard and get the hang of it so that I can have an awesome rest of my mission. If I think about it in terms of 18 months, I get freaked out, but taking it day by day is easy. Remind me of that when I am going crazy in the field, ha.

One of the teachers here just got back from my mission and she talked so highly of it. She gave little stories about the mission president that made me feel like I am really going to love him. I don't have any funny stories cause all my funnies are things you kind of have to be there for, but I am still laughing and enjoying life. Don't send anymore dearelders or letters to the MTC - send everything to CA. Holla!

The Church is true and it's freaking awesome! Love you all!

Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment