Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012 - Last email from the mission

I feel a huge weight on my shoulders about what I should write about. I cannot believe I am at the end of my time here. It's such a bittersweet feeling. Sister Tua'one and I rocked our last week. We worked hard. We taught a bunch of non-members and contacted 101 people. I finished on such a high note, I am thrilled. We said many "goodbyes" throughout the week--this ward was so beyond good to us (we are both being transfered out--the ward was NOT happy)! Last night I taught my final lesson to an investigator, Nicole, and cried. I will miss this. I know as soon as I get home, my heart will ache for California and my people...I could not have had a better mission.

I love my mission....I want everyone to know that I am still very much me. I still have my character flaws and I am a little rough around the edges. I am still as impatient and demanding as I ever was. I still like to be the leader and have my opinion heard. And I still get very grumpy if I am not well fed and well slept :) .....but spiritually, I have grown immeasurably. My testimony of the gospel is 10x what is was pre-mission. I have had so many life experiences that will most definitely shape me into who I am. The Church is so true. I never want my life to be without this knowledge. And I never want to stop being a missionary. I cannot wait to take the skills I have learned and apply them into my normal life. I feel confident to answer any question that is thrown my way. This was the hardest, funnest, scariest, most happy, frustrating, building experience of my life and I wouldn't change it for the world!!!

The Church is true.
Party Hard, Get Crazy
Do (missionary) Work.
Love you all!
Sister Amy Lauren Christensen.

My last zone meeting


My final sister exchange (with Sister Barratarra from Kiribesh)


Christmas caroling with the elders


A live nativity with Nicole (our investigator)


Saying goodbye to Elder Daniel


Saying goodbye to my favorite puppy!


I'm Done!?

No comments:

Post a Comment