Monday, June 11, 2012

June 5, 2012 w/ pictures

It was a wonderful week in the world of missionary work.

Wednesday we did a lot of service and tracting. We had one lady say, "Thank you for being nice even though I wasn't interested"...it was so refreshing. I love nice people even when they don't want to hear from us. We did splits that night and had success in tracting down less active members. I went with my RS President (who is more like my guru), Jennie, and we had fun, as always.

Thursday I was Miss Grumpy Gills (I quote Finding Nemo a lot in teaching children....they get it better). You know when you just wake up and are grumpy and almost nothing can pull you out of it. Yeah, that was me on Thursday. My poor companion was such a champ and just suffered through it with me. Thankfully we kept fairly busy and had plenty of appointments. Seeing Adan helped boost my mood + an awesome lesson with Hena and Saia (our baptism next Saturday) = a much happier missionary.

Friday was EXCHANGES WITH ALLRED!!!! I was stoked. I don't know how/why President loves me so much that he allows me to work with my favorite companions again, but this was my second exchange with a previous companion and I loved it. It was so nice. We don't even have to try and we teach in unison and by the Spirit. We had dinner with Jennie and it's been a while since I have laughed that hard (I love Workoff--we just have different senses of humor).

Saturday was jam packed with appointments. It was a bummer that we were super rushed exchanging back, but Workoff and I had to go to Saia and Hena's wedding! It was beautiful and we are so happy for them. Hena is a perfect example of the Lord preparing someone and we just happen to be the lucky ones to lead her to baptism. I truly love them.

Sunday: I had a pretty cool experience with fasting. You know when you wake up and realize it's Fast Sunday and then you kind of bemoan it a little cause not eating sucks? Well, that's how I felt when I woke up. I didn't really want to do it, but I had plenty to fast for. So I said my "begin the fast" prayer and basically the Spirit knocked me upside the head and said, "Stop being selfish, this is not about you." The light bulb went off and I realized I am not fasting for me. I am not just giving up food. I am so called "suffering" so that the pain/suffering/sadness/weakness of someone else might be lifted just a little. It made it all better. Every time I experienced a hunger pain, I said in my head, "God, that was so that _________ (insert name) might receive an answer, or feel less sad, or see some success"....It worked and I made it through fasting without complaint.

Monday was wonderful. I love keeping busy on Monday because it helps me to NOT focus on the fact that it's P-day's eve. We had district meeting. Then we visited a girl who is me without the gospel. I know exactly who, where, and what I would be without the gospel in my life and she is it. I have really connected with her and I sincerely hope and pray that one day she will realize something is missing in her life. It was a fun visit, followed by a throw-down lesson with Adan. He has received answers from God (the most direct answers I have ever heard of in my life) and he is now "deciding" what path to choose. I felt some righteous indignation and we left him with -- "When you decide, let us know."

I am a missionary for Jesus Christ. I am on the Lord's errand. I think I have said this before, and I will say it again, I will not waste my time. I truly love Adan, I desire him to be baptized and feel the love of God in his life. We have given him the tools he needs to make that decision, but until he makes it, we have nothing further to offer him. It makes me fairly upset when I hear about missionaries teaching someone for six months, a year, or even a couple years and that person makes no commitments, doesn't come to Church, doesn't pray - or in Adan's case, does all those things, RECEIVES an answer and then wants to decide. No sir. You can be taught by the next missionary who wants to coddle and baby you, but not me. (stepping off soapbox)

I love what I am doing. It's hard, it's frustrating, it's annoying, but it's all worth it. We have another fabulous week ahead of us and I cannot wait. Pce and blessings from California.
-Sister Christensen

Allred and I back in action


The wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment