Monday, June 11, 2012

May 29, 2012 w/ pictures

A fabulous mission is made up of moments. It's not the every day minutes and hours that make a mission awesome. In fact, some days the minutes and hours might as well be days and months. But it's when the Spirit touches someone so deeply they are moved to emotion, or they realize they found truth, that makes every mission so, beyond, worth it.

I am not going to give you a play by play of my week. Looking over all that we did, it was kind of a blah week, but in fact, it was one of my favorite weeks of my mission. It's miracle transfer, and miracles are happening all over the place!

Adan is such a stellar investigator, but unless we teach strictly by the Spirit, the lesson doesn't progress very far. We taught him three times last week and yesterday. Every time we teach, I say a little prayer in my heart and then I let the Spirit take over. Sometimes I don't even really remember everything I say. It is the coolest feeling ever. I know how the Spirit speaks to me and directs me and all I have to do is aim it correctly. I can pretty much tell you exactly what will take place during the lesson because the Spirit has already confirmed it to me. It is so sick. You may or may not have any idea what I am talking about, but I just love it. Adan is working toward being baptized June 23rd. One day Adan is going to be a stake president. Mark my words. Teaching him is such a privilege and I don't know how I got so lucky to be a part of it.

Yesterday we picked up our 8th investigator in about 7 days. Her name is Hena, she is Samoan. We got into her house and we realized she is not just any investigator. She is prepared and ready to make the changes in her life. Not only did we teach her the entire first discussion (and she soaked it all in beautifully), but we invited her to be baptized June 16th. Her response was (very enthusiastically), "Let do it!!!" The Spirit was so strong. I was so overwhelmed with peace and love and excitement--pretty much every good emotion you can feel. Again, it was so sick. I love it.

In case you missed it in the last paragraph, we picked up 8 investigators since last Monday. All of them are families. Do you remember a couple weeks ago when my mission president came up to me and said, "Let's find some families for your ward" and I burst into tears because I was so discouraged? Yeah, I think Heavenly Father was probably laughing at me because He knew what was in store. One is a family of five, two are families of three, and then we have Adan and now Hena. I am on cloud nine.

OK - I'll tell you the less happy stuff now. One, Mike Mieure got deployed for two months. I was really sad to see him go. We had a bomb lesson on Tuesday about testimonies and how to strengthen them. I wanted to make sure Mike and Dani both knew how much I love the Lord and the gospel and that I am on the Lord's side. We had a nice breakfast on Saturday and said "goodbye." I cannot wait to come back and see them. I adore the Mieures.

Sunday I got the migraine of the century. Why the heck do migraines happen? I had a wonderful sleep, ate a ton of fruit for breakfast, took my vitamins, and then BAM - I was incapacitated by this migraine. It was not fun at all. No amount of medication worked and I just had to endure through it with only a couple minor breakdowns.

Monday my companion got the news that a little boy she babysat was killed by getting hit by a car. We both shed a lot of tears reading the story about it and thinking about how hard it must be for their family. We took a moment of silence and I felt prompted to write them a letter, so I did. It was a moment of reflection on how precious life is and how much I love my family--so, so, so much!!

That's all I have to say. The Church is true. It binds families for time and all eternity. It is a beautiful knowledge we have.  It's going to be another great week - just you wait!

Pce and love from California
-Sister Christensen

Our goodbye breakfast. They wore their Utah shirts on purpose. We have a little rivalry going on. Notice I wore navy blue. Go BYU!


Adan. He told us he doesn't know how to smile for pictures so we told him to do a crazy face and this is what he did. A perfect smile. Such a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment