Monday, July 23, 2012

July 17, 2012

Oh baby. What a week.

Tuesday we had a great district activity and a wonderful lesson with Carmen. She said, "Girls, you might be changing my heart" and "Oh my, what if I became a Mormon?!" It was so cute. She is wonderful. Unfortunately she is a busy lady with lots going on in her life, so meeting with her is a hard deal. We continue to pray for her and hope to meet again before next week.

Wednesday was district meeting, studies, and random appointments all day. That's always nice. We had a fun FHE [Family Home Evening] with a military family and then finished the evening with a young married pregnant girl whose husband is deployed. These military wives are seriously rock stars. So many of them haven't been with their husbands more than they have since they were married. It's amazing and a little sad! It's allowing me to have a greater appreciation for the sacrifice the military makes for us to defend our freedom.

Thursday I was in a leadership training meeting alll day. I usually enjoy those a lot, but this one was painful! First, it was more directed toward district leaders and zone leaders and second, I missed my companion. We laughed about it when we got back together, but this is the first time in a companionship where I never really need space. We seriously miss each other when we aren't together. If I am brushing my teeth, she comes in - or if she is cleaning the kitchen, I am sitting at the table. We just have so much fun together! She hated the day too. Needless to say, we were happy to be back together and we enjoyed the remainder of the evening at an "around the world" potluck dinner for the Relief Society.

Friday was a greenie trainer meeting back in Vista. It hurt my heart a little, going back to my "home." I always mourn the loss of my old areas. The meeting was fine and when we got back we had dinner and did our weekly planning. Nothing exciting.

Saturday was wonderful. I got to go to Vista again, for my investigator, Emily's, baptism! It was bittersweet seeing all my old peeps. I miss them for sure! The service was wonderful and I was so happy for her. She is considering going on a mission, which is so sick. I love it! We got back from Vista for dinner and then went on base to the Barraks. My comp and I cannot get enough of the marines. They are so professional and military-esk. We enjoy our time on base haha.

Sunday was Sunday. We got to know our ward better and Cheyanne came - it was great! A family invited Cheyanne, her husband, and us over for dinner. It's so nice when members help with fellowshipping converts. It makes all the difference in the world! Be good member missionaries!!!!

Monday was wonderful. We fell in love with so many families in our ward. We basically had back-to-back appointments all day and we loved all of them. It gives us so much motivation for what we want for our futures.

We continue to love and enjoy San Clemente. We bike to the beach at least twice a week and see it every day. It's so alluring and beautiful! Even if it's just for month, one day I'll live here! The weather is the best and the people are great!

My spiritual thought for this week is this, "When Jesus Christ becomes a reality in your life, it isn't that He somehow makes you do things you wouldn't otherwise do. Rather you find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked - loving, serving, and obeying each step of the way - one day you will look up and discover His path has led you directly to the Throne of God."

Party hard, get crazy, and enjoy to the end!
-Sister Christensen

My district! So much smaller than Vista's, but we have fun!


The leadership conference. These are my old roomies!


Emily's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment