Monday, August 20, 2012

July 14, 2012

Has it only been a week? It was a long one.

On Tuesday Sister Andrus and I had a little adventure with a child-sized trampoline at the dumpster. The trampoline was a big ol' mess next to the dumpster and we decided it would be worth the trouble of cleaning it up, tying it to our roof with yarn, and bringing it on home. We have been enjoying our little gem ever since. It's a bit of a mess in our apt. with a trampoline taking up a fair amount of space in our living room, but it's worth it. Don't tell our mission president.

Wednesday we got a new district! Previously we only had two other sets of elders in our district, but we merged with another one and now we have four sets, so ten total! It's a lot of fun. It was "purple" for unity day so we all wore purple (those who forgot were not privileged to be in the picture). After the meeting we squandered away the afternoon trying to stay out of the heat. I am embarrassed to say that the heat I am referring to is in the low 80's...but in my defense, with the humidity and NO AC, it gets hot!! And muggy! We seriously search out the few people who have AC and try to visit their houses. And we are in the nicest area (in terms of weather) in our mission so I feel awful for all the other missionaries out there. Poor babies! The evening was a bust because a member dragged us along all night, telling us we could come teach a lesson, so we were dinking around waiting, and then at 8:15 she full out canceled. Very. Irritating.

Thursday was fun, but not super productive for missionary work. We pulled weeds for service, had a fun dinner appointment, and went to the Relief Society Pilates night. I am sooo out of shape. My cousin on his mission in Africa just emailed about how much he enjoys his weight gain. I am soo not on the same page. I cannot even fit into my jeans anymore (not that we wear them ever, but still). Gaining weight sucks and any fat jokes directed toward me will not be well received, just FYI.

Friday was a low day. Like really low. ALL our appointments canceled, it was hot, I felt like crap...basically I wanted to give up and die. Sometimes you get tunnel vision in missionary work, and you think that the day will never end, and you will never survive, and you lose all hope of life, and love, and happiness. I am serious. It's so bad. Like Bad. I wouldn't relive this day if you paid me. End of story.

Saturday was much better. We met this cute old man who kept kissing our hands. And we had appointments all day. And then some of our appointments fell through so we were driving and I just swerved over to the side of the road because I saw a lady gardening. We approached her and ended up talking for forty-five minutes about the gospel. Then on the way back to the car there were two guys on the side of the road and we talked to them for thirty minutes about the gospel. It was beautiful outside and it finished off the night wonderfully.

Sunday we ran around with our heads cut off. And taught Young Women's. And enjoyed getting to know more people in our ward.

Monday was wonderful. We found three new investigators! Heavenly Father seriously loves me. He always knows when I am at a breaking point and then sends a little lovin' my way. It's fabulous.

The church is still true and I am still happy to be partying here in So. Cali! Don't forget about me. This week should be a good one so look for some sweet updates comin' atya next week!

Luvies from CA
-Sister Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment