Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 13, 2012

I can hardly believe it's only been a week since my last email! I swear, time slows down the closer you get to the finish line!

Last week was great. We were a little bummed about the elections, but my testimony is strong enough and I honestly believe that things happen how they are supposed to, so keep it real, live right, and it will all work out!

On Tuesday we had district activity. There is nothing quite like being holed up in a gym with 8 19- to 20-yr olds. It was a good time haha. We played frisbee, insane kickball, and basketball. Holla. Also, I think I mentioned this last week, but we have started working with some young women in our ward on their Personal Progress projects and I love it. Two girls in particular are the same age as my little sister and I cannot believe how mature they are! Is Amber that mature now too?! They both shared with us how they are setting examples to their friends and doing missionary work and I just love it. These kids are stellar!

On Wednesday my companion and I had a sweet companion inventory that helped us set our goals and standards for what we expect out of this transfer. I love goal setting! Afterward we promptly went out and picked up a new investigator! Her name is Vivian, she is 24 with a 5 yr old son. In her own words she is "just trying to find out how to worship God the right way." We were both stoked on life to have found her and truly hope that she will find the answer she is looking for! It was such a beautiful, perfect day--love it!

Thursday we had a zone meeting and a couple great appointments that kept us fresh and happy! Friday we had a second appointment with Vivian and that went really well. We weekly planned and had dinner with a return sister missionary who I adore. She is so spicy and hilarious! Saturday was great, Sunday was great, and Monday was great! We are just rockin' out and doing missionary work. Seriously, I would tell you all about it, but it was all just doing what we got called out here to do, and that just makes me happy! I love my ward, I love my companion, and we have a fabulous week ahead, which I am stoked about!

Hope all is well wherever you may be!

Love, Sista Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment