Monday, November 12, 2012

November 6, 2012

Big week!

Tuesday was the long awaited transfers! I got to see my baby Andrus, so that was fabulous, and then, I got the companion that I was hoping for......Sister Brook Tua'one, from Fort Lauderdale, FL. She is Tongan and is one of 10 children in her family. She is the 8th to serve a mission in her family! She was in the MTC with Sister Andrus and I had heard great things about her, so I was happy when she got called to serve with me in Laguna Niguel. It was a long day of goodbyes (to Sister Farmer and Sister Rokobuli) and hellos to all my friends and my new companion!

Wednesday was Halloween. I. Love. Halloween. Naturally, I made the entire district dress up for district meeting. They were all good sports about it. See photo. We had a couple appointments and then enjoyed a Halloween-themed meal at the Bell's. We had to be home by 630, which wasn't so bad because we got to relax and get to know each other better.

Thursday and Friday were lame days so I am jumping straight to Saturday. On Saturday we got to participate in a mini-MTC experience for all the 16-18 yr old prospective elders in four surrounding stakes. It was so fun! We conducted a district meeting and had them practice different skills that they will one day need to use in the field. President Cook was in my group, which made me nervous, but we rocked it so well that I was happy he got to see us in action.

Immediately following the mini MTC we got to drive down to Vista so I could speak at Mike Mieure's baptism! It was such a blast. I loved Vista soo much. I was way nervous about my talk and had re-written it like 3x, and finally I just kinda went up and winged it. I got a lot of compliments so I think it went well! I was so happy to see Dani and Mike and baby Kami again. I really love them. And I got to see S. Andrus and S. Allred. It was a little reunion! It was hard to leave!

Sunday was fabulous as well. It was Fast and Testimony meeting. So many youth in our ward went up and bore powerful testimonies of the gospel. These kids are truly the elect. I don't remember being so brave and having such a strong testimony of the gospel when I was a teenager. It was so fun to listen to and be a part of. Also, we taught YW [Young Women's] in third hour and got to know more of the girls. The youth in the ward are so awesome.

Yesterday it was 90 degrees! It was kinda a long and hot day and we did a lot but didn't accomplish much--such is the life of a missionary. I am still enjoying getting to know Sister Tua'one and trying to rock out this area. We are on the hunt for new investigators so wish us luck.

Love you all!
-Sister Christensen

Goodbye Farmer!


Happy Halloween!


Mike's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment