Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 20, 2012 w/ 6 pictures!!

It was a legit week in the world of missionary work. Not so much in terms of teaching investigators, but more so in just feeling good about the area, the ward, and the work we are doing.

Tuesday was great. We had a lovely district lunch party thing where we all sat on the steps of the church and ate lunch. I love some good old district unity. Then I gave one of the elders a haircut! I am learning so much on my mission! (I have previously given haircuts to my dad and cousins, but I had no idea what I was doing, so this time I actually learned how to do it properly). Later that night we had dinner with a cute young couple and their adorable Spanish-speaking two-year-old. Loved it!

Wednesday and Thursday were both long days full of missionary work.

Friday we had a mission wide zone conference. Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer of the Seventy came to our mission and spoke. It was wonderful. I took four pages of notes and enjoyed seeing all my favorite people, including my baby, Sister Andrus, my old ZL [Zone Leader], Elder Martin, and my favies, Elder Hemmelgarn. Also got to see my favorite APs! (see pictures!) We are a little gang and always hang out together when we see each other. Love them all! The conference ended at 2:30, but Sister Tua'one got invited to a baptism in Escondido, so instead of driving home we drove more south and hung out in Escondido for the baptism. The girl getting baptized didn't show up because her mom got busy and couldn't make it and she didn't want to get baptized without her mom! At first we were a little panicked, but we ended up going out to Golden Spoon for some frozen yogurt and then had the baptism later that night at 8pm. It seemed like a true Friday night! We didn't even get home until 11pm! It was an adventure and was way fun!

Saturday we did what we were supposed to do on Friday, which was weekly planning. We went out to dinner at Chili's and I had the most amazing grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and honey mustard. I have only come to love bacon on my mission, and it really does make everything so much better!

Sunday and Monday were both great days. On Sunday we did a ward service project and delivered Thanksgiving meals to ten families in need. That was rewarding! And then Monday I got to see my "cousin" Tiersha who is going to my house for Thanksgiving! I got to meet her new baby, Charlotte, and catch up! So much fun! Also, the weather here is ridiculously beautiful and I just really enjoyed the day!

This morning we started off the day with a trip to the Newport Beach temple. Everything went so smoothly and it felt so good to be there! I feel so happy. Life is just good. I am stoked for Thanksgiving and the week we have ahead! I hope everyone enjoys the holidays--party hard, don't get too crazy. The Church is true!

Loveee, Sister Christensen






No comments:

Post a Comment