Sunday, November 4, 2012

October 30, 2012

Long long long week! I feel like things that happened last week, happened like six weeks ago, but I guess I'll still tell you about them...

On Tuesday we had dinner with a woman who is exactly the type of wife and mother that I want to be when I am married with five children. And she's not even a member! (which makes the fact that the is so amazingly awesome, even more impressive). She cooked us a delicious, fancy meal, and her house looks like it's straight out of a Pottery Barn magazine, her kids are adorable and she is super selfless and giving. Everyone who meets her, loves her and wants to be her. I am serious, she is fabulous. Needless to say, I really enjoyed spending time with her.

On Wednesday we visited a bunch of wonderful families. One woman has a two-week-old baby who I love and adore. I love babies, therefore babies make me happy. We had a fun dinner appointment and finished the evening in a very spiritual lesson with our surfer dude slash airline pilot friend, Sandy.

Thursday we did service for the elders. And it was fun. And got done way quick. District unity for life.

Friday was weekly planning, which I did all alone because my companion is going home and didn't care to help. So that wasn't very fun. But we did teach early morning seminary, which brought back a flood of memories. Those kids are seriously troopers. I don't know how I ever even passed Seminary! Getting up before 6am should not be legal, no kidding. Ahh! That night we had souplantation for dinner, which was a first for me.

The weekend was good. And Monday was busy! Farmer said goodbye to all her favorite families, which was fun but exhausting. Oh, also we found out that our mission is going from 178 missionaries to 250 by January!! And in Salt Lake City, mission applications jumped from about 700 a week to 4500 in a week!! It's insane!

The Church is true. That's my testimony.
-Sister Christensen

My idol! She has Wonder Woman socks and I had my Halloween socks, so naturally we needed a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment