Friday, November 25, 2011

November 22, 2011 w/ pictures

What a week.  It went fast and slow, like it tends to do. First and foremost, shout out to my adorable sister and awesome brother-in-law and their new baby, Aiden Kent Knuckles. I got the phone call on Friday morning that he arrived. Before the lady could even tell me that he was born I was in tears of excitement and may or may not have been somewhat screaming into the phone. I could not be happier for them and am already in love with my new nephew. Ha, I keep randomly telling people that I'm an aunt! It's so surreal and I wish I could be there to see him, but I know that when I come home, he will be as cute as ever and more fun than a newborn!

The second big event of the week was the baptism of our investigator, Ricky. She was the first lesson I ever taught as a missionary. At the time, I really didn't think much would come from teaching her, but as we progressed, we grew to love her and her daughter Meg. She is from Japan, so we involved a lot of Japanese speaking RM's (older men, who loved getting the opportunity to use their mission language again). Ricky was so happy at her baptism. She just kept talking about how good she felt and how it felt so right. Sister Madsen and I got to sing at it and overall it was really special and awesome. See pictures.

It's awesome getting baptisms, but then there is that problem of not having investigators. It's been stressful because we want to just sit back and enjoy our baptisms, but the work ain't done! We have been doing a lot more tracting, contacting, and working with members, trying to find new people to teach. We are both really crossing our fingers that with the holiday season and all the ward activities going on, that through member referrals, we will be able to put some people into our teaching pool. Pray for us haha.

On a freaking awesome note, we had some Bible bashers last week, and guess who was awesome and did not freak out, but just calmly stated our purpose and left their home on good terms??? Yes people, it was me. These people were hard core and pretty much ready to bash the moment we stepped in the door, and Madsen started to do it, but I was like Nope. I told them that in other circumstances we would be happy to have an animated discussion about the Bible and the Book of Mormon, but as missionaries and servants of the Lord our purpose is to teach and educate people about our belief in the Book of Mormon and help them gain a better understanding of our faith and gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you very much and good night. Haha it was legit.

We did some service and lots and lots of walking and talking to people. I am such a whiner and don't really have supportive shoes so it really hurts! Poor Madsen had to endure it all, and she endures it well. At one point, we were walking up the 100th hill and I made Madsen let me hold her purse handle so she could kind of pull me along.  We looked like the biggest dorks, but just laughed about how wimpy I am.

We are super excited for Thanksgiving! We are eating TWO Thanksgiving meals which is going to be....interesting but fun. Also it's transfers week. On Saturday we find out who is staying and who is going. It's like 99.9% that Madsen or I will be leaving (more likely Madsen), but we really don't want to!!! I am not ready!!!!! Our bishop made us give him our Mission President's number so he could call and our ward mission leader plans to call too to try and keep us together, but I am not holding my breath. I might be in the depths of bitter sadness and depression by next Tuesday. Ha pray for me.

The Church is true people. Don't hide it and don't deny it. Be good missionaries and share the gospel in every way you can. Our challenge to our ward and my challenge to you is to link mormon.org to your Facebook pages. I know that 99% of you reading this have a Facebook page so don't be lame and make excuses! Share the gospel because it's that important. And read Moroni 7 because I just read it this morning and I love it.

pce out from CA
-Sister Christensen


These first two are from the baptism.



This is our ward mission leader and his family. We took a "family photo." We are seriously at their house all the time. We love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment