Monday, April 2, 2012

March 27, 2012 w/ pictures

I think this is going to be short...I don't feel like I have much to say.

Tuesday was Dani's baptism. It was awesome. I felt the Spirit so strongly and I know she is going to be a rockstar Mormon. I loved it. I was just so happy and it was such a success, I loved it!

Wednesday we had these amazing brownies called "skanky brownies" - it was chocolate chip cookie dough, oreos, brownies, and ice cream all together. They were delicious and probably added two more pounds (but who's counting anymore, ya know). As for missionary work, I was most def. feeling trunky, so even though it was still a good day, I don't have much to report. Try the brownies, you won't regret it.

Thursday was fun. We did service in the morning and picked up a possible investigator. We also had a meeting with the elders. We have come to realize that the sister missionaries are at a bit of a disadvantage because we never get one-on-one training from leadership. You can practice teach all day long but until you actually put that into real life it's not super applicable. We miss out on so much great training and it makes us feel like we are stuck in this plane of mediocrity because we have no one to pull us out. Allred and I had a mini-panic attack because we realized that we are almost the oldest sisters, and we do NOT feel qualified to train other girls. Anyway, the meeting brought some good points to light and we hope that we can find a way to get all the training and application we need so we can continue to be sick missionaries. (Speaking of sick, I was congested alll week! There is a bug going around our ward and I caught it. Sucks to be me!)

Friday was weekly planning. We started off our day getting fed by this lady who loves to chat. We were there for three, yes, three hours and barely said a word. We didn't want to be rude, but we didn't know how to stop her. It was not a good start to our long day of sitting and talking. We had some legit lessons at the end of the night so that was nice.

Saturday we kept busy, which I loved. Saturdays are usually our most open day so when it's not wide open we are stoked. We had a handful of appointments and then a Young Single Adult activity. Our investigator, Jeremy, came, and oh yeah, we set a baptismal date with him........April 2nd......yep, next Monday! What the crazy haha! We weren't expecting it to be that fast at all but we are happy, and he is super happy so we are happy.

Sunday: Sister Allred and I taught Young Men's and kept busy. It was crazy raining outside, but it was Sunday and we love Sundays because we visit with active families and enjoy our Sabbath, so success.

Monday went quick. We had district meeting (which was my favorite elder's last district meeting and I was sad because he is a stellar missionary) and then we had appointments all day. Because our investigator pool is low, we teach a lot of less actives. As much as I would love to teach investigators, we feel the same level of success when we see our less actives growing testimonies and coming to Church. It's not a baptism, but we still can see the fruit of our labor and we love it.

We are soooo excited for General Conference this weekend! I have been counting down since like February! It's like the Super Bowl for missionaries. I would invite all of you to write down any questions you have this week in preparation for Conference so that God can give you answers through our prophets and apostles. It's gonna be legitttt!! And next week I'll have another baptism to report on. Party hard people! Love ya lots!

-Sister Christensen

Dani's baptism


My district

No comments:

Post a Comment